National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

3 posters

Channing Crowder and Matt Light fight

HE15MAN
    HE15MAN
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Channing Crowder and Matt Light fight Empty Channing Crowder and Matt Light fight

Post by HE15MAN 2008-11-26, 22:12

This just makes me so angry. Just in case some of you do not know this past Sunday in the Dolphins Patriots fight Matt light(patriots pro bowl left tackle) and Channing Crowder(dolphins best pure linebacker) got into a fight on a PAT. Light was blocking crowder when light tore of crowders helmet and crowder responded by pushing him. So what does matt light do? he punches crowder 4 times on the top of the head. Crowders retaliation is to run off laughing because he knows he didnt do anything bad and therefore light is in huge trouble, right? NO wrong. instead they both get personal fouls and are ejected from the game.

Now i was almost dieing to know what big bad roger goodell would do after seeing the tape and noticing how little crowder did and how much light did do. however i was shocked when i found that they would both only receive a 15,000 dollar fine. In this NFL where adam jones gets a century long suspension for talking to a girl, a player receives only a 15,000 dollar suspension for throwing punches. i was thinking a 1 game suspension for Crowder and a 3 Game suspension for light would be the least possible punishment. This just only goes to prove how the NFL refs and execs are horridly biased towards the patriots. What are your thoughts? id love to know.
    FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 721
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Channing Crowder and Matt Light fight Empty Re: Channing Crowder and Matt Light fight

Post by FelixdaCat 2008-11-27, 00:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-z1KIamrI

Matt Light grabbed his hair and hit him 4 times in the head, not tolerated. Crowder just shoved him and that happens on every play. Matt Light should be suspended for at least 3 games and Crowder should have a minimal fine at most, if that.

Last edited by FelixdaCat on 2008-11-27, 18:38; edited 1 time in total
    msubobcats87
    GFX Artist
    GFX Artist

Number of posts : 660
    Registration date : 2008-10-22

Channing Crowder and Matt Light fight Empty Re: Channing Crowder and Matt Light fight

Post by msubobcats87 2008-11-27, 13:24

More to it than that, apparently Crowder had some verbal comments that you can't hear on a video highlight. I love how Dolphins fans feel "cheated" by the ruling. Give me a break, I am tired of all the crying and bitching that happens when things like this happen. Its football, not golf. The commisioner did the right thing in my opinion, fine them money to try and prevent them from losing their tempers again, realizing that every part of football involves contact which of course is going to cause tempers to rise from time to time....
    FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 721
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by FelixdaCat 2008-11-27, 18:38

Fines that are like $15,000 seem like nothing when you are a player with a multi-million dollar contract.
    msubobcats87
    GFX Artist
    GFX Artist

Number of posts : 660
    Registration date : 2008-10-22

Post by msubobcats87 2008-11-27, 19:25

You need to do the math to see what each player makes per game (cause that is how they get paid). Matt Light is in a 6 year / $27.3 Millon contract right now which means he makes $285 k per game. Crowder will make $1 million for 2008 or $63 k per game. So a $15k fine for each player will obviously hurt Crowder more but I go back to my previous point, its football and I don't think it looks like Crowder was Mr. Innocent....
    HE15MAN
    HE15MAN
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by HE15MAN 2008-12-02, 19:42

no crowder is not mr. innocent but still o an NFL player 15k is nothing, if the commissioner wants to fine them make it serious and fine hem both an entire games pay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 23:39