National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

+10
bdhobbs1
TheNextOne
hugemetsfan
Boltpower
nbcards
Lazer
eddy102293[LAST CHANCE]
RAMFAN
PH2
SteelBlueCurtain
14 posters

John Madden retires from Broadcasting

SteelBlueCurtain
    SteelBlueCurtain
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 482
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

John Madden retires from Broadcasting Empty John Madden retires from Broadcasting

Post by SteelBlueCurtain 2009-04-16, 11:14

According to the Breaking news section on ESPN, NBC Sports has released a statement today that John Madden has decided to retire from broadcasting at the age of 73.
    Like many greats in many fields, he retired after the Super Bowl, commentating for the Steelers' Super Bowl victory this year over the Arizona Cardinals.

My question is, where will this leave the game series?
    Is he going to be on the cover this year, as a tribute, as Brett Favre was last year?
    Will he still be in the booth with Al Michaels on the Wii Version?
    Will the name of the game change, possibly to Michaels10?
    What implications does this change to the broadcasting world hold in store for the video game world?

Also, who is going to join Al Michaels in the booth this year?
    PH2
    PH2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

John Madden retires from Broadcasting Empty Re: John Madden retires from Broadcasting

Post by PH2 2009-04-16, 11:40

This is great day for football viewing, the guy should have retired years ago. I could hardly stand watching games he broadcast.
    I predict they keep the game the same, at least for a few years. It probably takes him ten minutes to record "looks like the same play" and the five other things they have him repeating.
    RAMFAN
    RAMFAN
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

John Madden retires from Broadcasting Empty Re: John Madden retires from Broadcasting

Post by RAMFAN 2009-04-16, 12:23

Thank the Lord! this guy is so annoying thinking he knows everything it is all Al Michaels that says everything if you play a madden game it will be 95% Michaels and 1% Madden the other 4% is Madden repeating himself over and over again...
    eddy102293[LAST CHANCE]
    eddy102293[LAST CHANCE]
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by eddy102293[LAST CHANCE] 2009-04-16, 13:07

Michaels 10? Why the hell would they change it to that if he's not even the commentator for next gen? Think pills...
    Lazer
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 128
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by Lazer 2009-04-16, 13:51

EA didn't approach Madden about making a video game over 20 years ago because he was a great commentator. They did it because he was a Hall of Fame coach with an excellent knowledge of the game. Madden wouldn't allow his name to be used unless they made the game that played like "real football" (11 vs. 11). Boy have times changed. The series will remain the same (Madden 2010 and so on). The only noticeable changes would be commentary in the game. It would be interesting to see if they would put him on the cover.
    SteelBlueCurtain
    SteelBlueCurtain
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 482

Post by SteelBlueCurtain 2009-04-16, 14:14

Just for the record, only the first two and last one were legitimate questions.
    The others were kinda jokes.
    nbcards
    nbcards
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 1535
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by nbcards 2009-04-16, 14:24

i didnt mind maddens voice. and it will still be called madden
    PH2
    PH2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by PH2 2009-04-16, 14:27

Pillsbury, not bad questions. I think it is legitimate question whether the box is going to be some tribute to Madden or not.
    P.S.-Are you ever going to reply to my PM about our game?
    Boltpower
    Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post by Boltpower 2009-04-16, 14:53

aw, i kinda like madden a a broadcaster mainly because he wasnt biased for the team the chargers played against like all the other broadcasters.
    hugemetsfan
    hugemetsfan
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post by hugemetsfan 2009-04-16, 15:20

yea I never rlly liked John Madden's commenting...
    PH2
    PH2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by PH2 2009-04-16, 16:37

Madden was totally biased, mainly towards Cowboys. He just rarely called Chargers games. I think he wanted to have sex with Troy Aikman and Brett Favre.
    Lazer
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 128
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by Lazer 2009-04-16, 16:38

ha ha ... okay pills. btw, let me know when you want to play our week 2 game.
    TheNextOne
    TheNextOne
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 1061
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by TheNextOne 2009-04-16, 16:41

i could care less
    bdhobbs1
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by bdhobbs1 2009-04-16, 17:03

I miss Pat Summerall, I pop in Madden 02 sometimes just to hear Madden and Summerall together.
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by jpfurry34 2009-04-16, 18:33

John Madden was a great football mind. He was a great coach, having one of the best winning % of all time and also has a Super Bowl ring. He is also simply the most accomplished, well known, and best color-commentator of all time. He has won 16 emmy's for what he has been doing(so all you haters remember that ppl in the know think he is great and you guys are just haters). He has worked for all 4 major networks and worked with great Play-by-Play guys, Al Michaels and Pat Summerall, to me being the best. Yes the guy has said some dumb stuff and sometimes acts like a clown, but that is who he is and one of the reasons he is so loved. John Madden will be missed in the booth.

As far as his game I think it will keep his name.
    Chris Collinsworth was the easy choice to take his spot, since he did in the game Madden missed last year and has been doing color work for other networks.
    Madden might just let Michaels and Collinsworth call the games for his vidio game also.
    I would like to see John on the cover. It has been along time since he has made the cover.
    nbcards
    nbcards
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by nbcards 2009-04-16, 21:12

madden will be missed. but he was a good coach. announcer he wasnt great but he wasnt bad
    gbpackers7
    gbpackers7
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by gbpackers7 2009-04-16, 21:20

JP I agree with what you said...To Me Madden will be missed in the booth, he was my favorite announcer.

As for the game, who knows with EA, we shall see what happens.
    edawg
    edawg
    Minor Commissioners
    Minor Commissioners

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2008-10-25

Post by edawg 2009-04-17, 02:27

lol there is no way that guy is only 73
    FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 721

Post by FelixdaCat 2009-04-17, 02:45

lmao edawg. Well as for me, I thought he was a great coach and deserved his HOF bid. His commentating wasn't great...but it gave me alot of good laughs, especially last year when he said "Charles Tillman is one of the best strippers in the NFL" on Sunday Night Football. He's not perfect, but I'm grateful for what John Madden did for football.
    nbcards
    nbcards
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by nbcards 2009-04-17, 08:34

madden doesnt look like he is 73
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by jpfurry34 2009-04-17, 09:31

JOHN MADDEN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Madden retires from Broadcasting JohnMadden

John Madden retires from Broadcasting Madden1
    PH2
    PH2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by PH2 2009-04-17, 12:53

Didn't mean to be such a jerk, had a bad day yesterday.
    Madden was a good coach, I just don't think he was a good announcer, he got sucked into hero worship too easily, and he would say something and contradict himself five minutes later (I think Phil Simms is the worst at this btw). His love of the game of football is real apparent in everything he did, and I did like his book "One knee equals two feet". I got it in my Christmas stocking in like 1986. I am old.
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by jpfurry34 2009-04-17, 18:13

Totally agree with the Phil Simms thing...that guy is horible.. "when I was an NFL quarterback"... I'd punch that guy in the face.
    eddy102293[LAST CHANCE]
    eddy102293[LAST CHANCE]
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by eddy102293[LAST CHANCE] 2009-04-17, 22:57

pillsburypwn wrote:Just for the record, only the first two and last one were legitimate questions.
    The others were kinda jokes.
    It's not going to change the video game world cause he already left in next gen. As who's going to join Al Michaels another broadcaster of course

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 13:01