National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

+14
msubobcats87
hugemetsfan
RCG2
Menko43
RAMFAN
nbcards
jpfurry34
edawg
BillsRule
BadgerMilker
CoorZero
TheNextOne
eddy102293[LAST CHANCE]
admin
18 posters

What is the hardest real sport?

Poll

What is the hardest real sport?

[ 12 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left25%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 5 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left10%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 3 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left6%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left8%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left6%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 6 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left13%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left2%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 3 ]
    [ 3 ]
    [ 3 ]
    [ 0 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left0%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left0%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left2%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    What is the hardest real sport? Bar_left8%What is the hardest real sport? Bar_right [8%] 

Total Votes: 48
    admin
    admin
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Number of posts : 863
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

What is the hardest real sport? Empty What is the hardest real sport?

Post by admin 2009-03-31, 21:02

you pick and tell me what you think

i think golf

Last edited by Dolfinlife on 2009-03-31, 21:09; edited 1 time in total
    eddy102293[LAST CHANCE]
    eddy102293[LAST CHANCE]
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

What is the hardest real sport? Empty Re: What is the hardest real sport?

Post by eddy102293[LAST CHANCE] 2009-03-31, 21:05

Golf with all those girls chasing after you...
    TheNextOne
    TheNextOne
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 1061
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by TheNextOne 2009-03-31, 21:05

Baseball????WTF? You don't even have to be in shape. I say soccer or hockey!
    CoorZero
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by CoorZero 2009-03-31, 21:16

Give it up for bowling! I know it probably doesn't sound like much, and it isn't really exerting but it takes a huge toll on the knee(s) and hand/wrist. In fact it does as much damage to the knee as Golf, and it really causes problems for older people.
    BadgerMilker
    BadgerMilker
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post by BadgerMilker 2009-03-31, 21:37

i gotta go with golf as well.
    BillsRule
    BillsRule
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2009-03-29

Post by BillsRule 2009-03-31, 21:41

definitely track (not field) the pain is self-inflicted which makes it worse
    edawg
    edawg
    Minor Commissioners
    Minor Commissioners

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2008-10-25

Post by edawg 2009-03-31, 22:41

has anyone here ever tried to swim over 5 miles in a fast time?? let me know if u have.
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by jpfurry34 2009-04-01, 03:13

Golf come on guys.. that is crazy...its not a physical sport and you dont have to be in shape at all. Yes you need skill to be good but you do in all these sports if you wanna make top levels. Anyone of us can go to a golf course and and hit a ball around maybe not good but we all can do it. Hockey is the hardest for me on the list..I bet 75% of you cant even ice skate....water Polo would make the top for me also...swimming and treading water for 3 periods while catching and throwing a ball...Ill take my chances on the golf course then making it through a game of that. Id even say Nascar..I would like to see anyone of us try and go almost 200mph with 3-4 other cars goin that fast 1 foot away from you..... golf what a joke
    nbcards
    nbcards
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 1535
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by nbcards 2009-04-01, 07:05

golf is definately not the hardest.
    RAMFAN
    RAMFAN
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post by RAMFAN 2009-04-01, 09:25

edawg wrote:has anyone here ever tried to swim over 5 miles in a fast time?? let me know if u have.
    I swim 10 miles a week for my schools swim team if that counts... I swim a 4:36 400 free
    RAMFAN
    RAMFAN
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post by RAMFAN 2009-04-01, 09:26

BanguFC wrote:Baseball????WTF? You don't even have to be in shape. I say soccer or hockey!
    soccer pwns, what position you play?
    Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 700
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Post by Menko43 2009-04-01, 12:06

its definetly football with all that contact and hitting in large pads and a helmet. Beleive me i am playing or have played on soccer baseball basketball golf bowling and football. football is the hardest cuz u gotta b tough strong and have skill and dont forget being in shape like working out every other day. i have played soccer and quit cuz it turned out in my area that its just for girls so no1 played anymore. it also depends on ur opponent. like 4 my area there is alot of great football teams. my school is number 1 in pa in wins so it dont make practice easy either. football practice is tough with a really tough coach pushing ya real hard. i dont c how its not football
    edawg
    edawg
    Minor Commissioners
    Minor Commissioners

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2008-10-25

Post by edawg 2009-04-01, 13:28

RAMFAN wrote:
    edawg wrote:has anyone here ever tried to swim over 5 miles in a fast time?? let me know if u have.
    I swim 10 miles a week for my schools swim team if that counts... I swim a 4:36 400 free

yes, a college athlete, swims about 8-10 miles per day. my dad was an all american swimmer in college and he was telling me that one day, they swam over 23 miles for practice. swimming takes sooo much out of you because u are utilizing everry singel muscle in your body. id be willing to bet that most of the people on this website wouldnt beable to swim 40 lengths (a length is swimming from one end to the other, so 2 lengths would be going down and coming back to where you start), and thats a 25 yard pool (the size of a high school pool) in under 20 min, hell id bet that there isnt many people that could acctually do it in a half hour!!. just doing simple math, there are 1760 yards in a mile, that is 70 lenths you swim per mile. so you would be swimming just think of swimming 564 lengths per day. which would equil 8 miles. if you are swimming 10 miles, its 700 lengths. there is a resason why doctors say that swimming is a better workout that running. you are literally using every muscle in your body to move. swimming....no question.
    RCG2
    RCG2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 304
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by RCG2 2009-04-01, 14:41

Dance is actually considered by exercise physiologists to be the sport which involves the most health and skill related fitness concepts in which to perform at a high level. That not withstanding , I think hockey is the toughest. These guys are flying around the ice at 20-25 mph, getting smashed into the boards, knocked all over the place, balancing on a pair of razor blades , all while controlling a little puck at the end of a crooked stick. It takes agility, balance, coordination, speed, power, and reaction time. You have to have cardiovascular endurance, strength, flexibility, and incredible toughness. As a long time Bucs fan, I thought seeing the Bucs get into and winning the Super Bowl would be the greatest thing I'd ever seen in sports. However, that Super bowl and season pales in comparison to watching the Tampa Bay Lightning and their Stanley Cup run of 2004. I've never been in more awe of a team and what they had to endure for their success. Hockey is without any doubt in my mind the toughest sport in which to compete.

What is the hardest real sport? Hanson
    hugemetsfan
    hugemetsfan
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post by hugemetsfan 2009-04-01, 15:45

swimming is easily the hardest sport..if not track...u have to build up so much stamina and stuff like that..just my opinion...
    TheNextOne
    TheNextOne
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 1061
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by TheNextOne 2009-04-01, 16:06

I'm a striker
    msubobcats87
    GFX Artist
    GFX Artist

Number of posts : 660
    Registration date : 2008-10-22

Post by msubobcats87 2009-04-02, 16:30

Hockey is hard if you can't skate but hell I played it through high school so it must not be that hard. I think swimming is physically the hardest to become a "professional" in. Having said that, you don't need athletic ability to become a swimmer, just a good work ethic and endurance. So the hardest sport to master (IMO) is golf cause no matter how many times i play that damn sport, i don't ever seem to get any better at it....
    ItalianMafia
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 698
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by ItalianMafia 2009-04-02, 23:41

Here's my argument against Golf. Yes, it was very difficult for me and pretty much any beginner golfer (except Tiger Woods), but once you learn how to hit the golf ball, it's a piece of cake to play.

Hockey is an allright choice. You need a lot of endurance to be able to skate for very long. But yet, half the time, the players are on the bench resting...and learning how to skate isn't hard.

I voted Track and Field because there is so much damn conditioning involved to become good at track and field whether you're a distance runner or sprinter like myself. Practice can be very grueling at times. With sprinting, a lot of your speed has to come from your parents through genetics.