National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

+2
RCG2
SteelBlueCurtain
6 posters

Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson?

Poll

Should the Chargers release LT?

[ 6 ]
    Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson? Bar_left46%Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson? Bar_right [46%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson? Bar_left54%Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson? Bar_right [54%] 

Total Votes: 13
    SteelBlueCurtain
    SteelBlueCurtain
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 482
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson? Empty Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson?

Post by SteelBlueCurtain 2009-01-23, 17:40

At first, this doesn't even seem like a question. Two years ago, LT was the MVP, his team was the second seed in the AFC, and he had over 2300 total yards, and 28 TDs. He was averaging 5.2 yards per carry and 9.1 yards per reception. but, since that year, his stats have greatly declined. This year, LT had only 1536 total yards of offense, and 12 TDs, and averaged 3.8 yards per carry (lowest since the year he was drafted) and 8.2 yards per reception. No. 21 has also gotten injured in both of his last two playoff series. LT is going to be 30 next year, and clearly isn't getting any younger. Last year, the Chargers released Michael Turner, LT's Backup, who did well during the playoofs and when Ladanian was injured. This year, as a starter in Atlanta, Michael Turner had 1699 rushing yards, averaged 4.5 yards per carry, and had 23 TDs, all of which are better than LT's stats. Also, unlike LT, Michael Turner doesn't get injured when his team needs him most. And this year, if the Chargers were to keep LT, it would be at the cost of his backup now, Darren Sproles. Sproles, 25, did superbly in this past season.
    RCG2
    RCG2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 304
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson? Empty Re: Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson?

Post by RCG2 2009-01-23, 19:00

Darren Sproles is great in bursts for maybe a game or two, but would get destroyed over the grind of a long NFL season. LT at 50% is still better than most. They'd be crazy to let him go.
    CoorZero
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson? Empty Re: Should the Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson?

Post by CoorZero 2009-01-23, 19:08

I don't think they will let him go. The cap hit that it would cause would probably be enormous. If Baltimore cut McGahee he would cost like 8 mil. for next season, and LT would probably cost a lot more. I bet he will be there until his contract runs out.
    Boltpower
    Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post by Boltpower 2009-01-23, 19:55

yea, he'll probobly be here till his contract runs out.
    i miss LT, i wish i could see him play good 1 more time *starts crying*

lol!
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by jpfurry34 2009-01-23, 23:50

LT is still good I dont care what anyone says. I know ppl hate him cuz he is good in madden and ppl play with SD and abuse that, but the main reason he is good in Madden is because he has been the best RB in football the last 7-8 years. We are talkin about a Hall of Famer here. I think SD will try and keep them both as long as the can, just like they did with Turner.
    FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 721
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by FelixdaCat 2009-01-29, 20:45

Frankly, if he does leave San Diego, it will be through a trade. There's no way that the Chargers will just flat-out release LT. They must get something in return, it just doesn't make any sense if they didn't. He obviously is more likely now than ever to be out of San Diego, but the only reason that is....is because he is 30 now (or at least i think he is??). I still think that he will stay in San Diego, but I could be wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 22:59