National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

+7
PH2
Mix
msubobcats87
Korny
admin
ItalianMafia
Eagles715
11 posters

cheap plays

Eagles715
    Eagles715
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Number of posts : 309
    Registration date : 2008-12-10

cheap plays Empty cheap plays

Post by Eagles715 2008-12-11, 17:00

i started playing madden online for the first time this year, and i know some plays that are cheap but not all of them, can someone tell me some more cheap plays?, so i know what not to do
    ItalianMafia
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 698
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

cheap plays Empty Re: cheap plays

Post by ItalianMafia 2008-12-11, 17:23

Hi Eagle (MAN, there are a lot of eagles fans on this site),

The most common known cheap play is probably the I Form Twin TE counter and pitch plays. Stupid people are able to run this play for 5-10 yds at a minimum every single play. Most of these people I'd say use the Chargers (HOUROCKETS1 uses this cheap stategy...and he uses the Chargers). Once you find that one play to stop it, you shouldn't have a problem with it.
    Eagles715
    Eagles715
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Post by Eagles715 2008-12-11, 17:54

any others you can think of?
    admin
    admin
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Number of posts : 863
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by admin 2008-12-11, 18:11

i would have to go with all the tosses this year....

when they run to the stong side and lay down some good blocks...and the RB is good at spin move and PWR move....it is really hard to stop for sure..
    Korny
    Korny
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 249
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Korny 2008-12-11, 18:21

or this 1 play a guy ran every other down were da FB goes to the right, cuts back to the middle and is wide every time after he,rolls with him, conerblitz kills dis tho
    msubobcats87
    GFX Artist
    GFX Artist

Number of posts : 660
    Registration date : 2008-10-22

Post by msubobcats87 2008-12-11, 18:35

I disagree with you Dolfinlife. All tosses aren't cheap plays. if you run a defense where you pull every defender to the line of scrimmage (which can be seen as cheap with no bullet passes if you do it on every play instead of obvious run plays) then you re more likely to get beaten by a toss play (which is proper football strategy). There isn't a defense that can stop every play on every down.

Cheap plays in my book are the ones that would never work in real life, for example when someone rolls out all the way to one side and throws a wr screen back to the other. probably works 50% of the time unless you can read it with your defender.
    Mix
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by Mix 2008-12-11, 18:58

toss plays are only cheap if you keep running the same one over and over. (hourockets1)
    PH2
    PH2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

Post by PH2 2008-12-11, 21:04

I f'ing hate that wr screen play. I played some cheeser who ran it every other play with the Cowboys. I knew it was coming, and would play double z, then run my left end over and since it was off the the TV screen, the guy would throw the ball and 8 times out of ten two of my three defenders were laying at the WR's feet, he would catch it, and get at least 15 yards.
    AnkleBreaka
    Call of Duty Commisser
    Call of Duty Commisser

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by AnkleBreaka 2008-12-12, 20:16

use man 2 man to stop screens then use your de
    OGMudbonE
    OGMudbonE
    Rookie NWL Member
    Rookie NWL Member

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-12-12

Post by OGMudbonE 2008-12-13, 11:35

I use that WR screen but maybe only once or twice a game. I dont think its cheap because its more of a misdirection play. I start my rb in motion to the opposite side and this makes the D think he's my primary reciever. Then after I snap the ball I start to the side the D thinks Im going and when they over pursue.....BOO YOW!!.....lol not a cheap play cuz some people can see it coming.... party
    Eagles715
    Eagles715
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Post by Eagles715 2008-12-14, 12:38

do you guys consider it cheap when you take control of your receiver and run him out of his route then run to the ball to make him wide open ? i have played multiple people who have done this(eddy in particular :suck: ) and its really annoying
    admin
    admin
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Number of posts : 863
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by admin 2008-12-14, 13:00

well about user catching..

i think b/c of not having bullets this year....usering catching is really needed...

but people that do it really good...make me mad...take the realness out of the game

i wish i could do it like they do it sometimes...Mix is pretty good at it

But if there was bullets nobody would be doing user catches...
    Mix
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Mix 2008-12-14, 13:04

yeah user catching isnt cheap. i mean it can be defend by user defending. i do it all the time and it helps me wins a lot of games.
    Eagles715
    Eagles715
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Post by Eagles715 2008-12-14, 13:34

yeah i know, but ive played ppl who do user catch, i try and do it, but eddy would just throw it deep and use it to make his run back and forth and make his WR wide open
    FiReFLaSh557
    FiReFLaSh557
    Rookie NWL Member
    Rookie NWL Member

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by FiReFLaSh557 2008-12-14, 14:06

i don't know if it was just a one time thing, but i was playing some guy with the word mac in his name and he was doing kick return and he caught it, then the game froze then after 5 seconds his guy like teleported 30 yards down the field. and the guy won because of it. freaky huh. ever happened to you guys ???
    wer2n8s
    wer2n8s
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 350

Post by wer2n8s 2008-12-15, 09:53

Mix wrote:yeah user catching isnt cheap. i mean it can be defend by user defending. i do it all the time and it helps me wins a lot of games.

the only problem with picking the db and defending the wr your self is that it draws a pass interference on the defense way too often. i know how to pick the one on one wr and move him away from the ball only to speed burst back to the ball, but personally i think its just as bad as the b.s. face masks or offside pen. i know some people wont agree but i don't care. it's like playing out the game after the opponent quits just to move your rank up...B.S. this years madden is terrible last year you could at least check your opponents discon rec. to avoid play'n quiters and the wr zoom shit didn't matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 23:57