National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

+5
kbt1020
eaglesfan134
FelixdaCat
Mix
admin
9 posters

Who Will Win the the World Series?

Poll

Who Will Win the World Series?

[ 13 ]
    Who Will Win the the World Series? Bar_left59%Who Will Win the the World Series? Bar_right [59%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Who Will Win the the World Series? Bar_left41%Who Will Win the the World Series? Bar_right [41%] 

Total Votes: 22
    admin
    admin
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Number of posts : 863
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Who Will Win the the World Series? Empty Who Will Win the the World Series?

Post by admin 2008-10-20, 00:20

The Tampa Bay Rays or The Philadelphia Phillies

I like the rays....go Rays
    Mix
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 660
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Who Will Win the the World Series? Empty Re: Who Will Win the the World Series?

Post by Mix 2008-10-20, 00:22

i say rays
    FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 721

Post by FelixdaCat 2008-10-20, 02:16

You have to go with Tampa Bay if you look at the two cities' history. It seems like Tampa has to go through Philadelphia to win a championship in any major sport.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2002 NFC Championship Game to go on to win the Super Bowl.

Also, the Tampa Bay Lightniing beat the Philadelphia Flyers in 2004 and went on to win the Stanley Cup.

So, all of Tampa's championship teams have had to go through Philadelphia on their way to a title, but can they actually do it at the big game (or series)???

I say history repeats itself, but this series is going at least 6 games.
    eaglesfan134
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Number of posts : 82

Post by eaglesfan134 2008-10-20, 09:59

Phils are going to win. your forgetting that the rays blew a 7 run lead, something the phillies just dont do. The phillies bullpen had the lowest era in the mlb. Once they get a lead, they dont give it up. Plus we have cole hamels starting game 1, so thats probably a win for the phils.
    kbt1020
    kbt1020
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Number of posts : 70

Post by kbt1020 2008-10-20, 10:26

RUHHHHH-AYYYYYSS
    Mix
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Mix 2008-10-20, 12:24

philadelphia teams always choke
    eaglesfan134
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Post by eaglesfan134 2008-10-20, 13:26

you better take that back. i know you didnt just say that
    Mix
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Mix 2008-10-20, 13:47

lol CHOKE ARTISTSSSSSSSSSS
    ItalianMafia
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 698
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by ItalianMafia 2008-10-20, 15:44

Rays win 4-1. Even though the Rays almost choked to the Red Sox, they had a much tougher path to the World Series than the Phillies. The Rays played the White Sox and the Red Sox. The Phillies played the mediocre Brewers and the Dodgers which barely finished above .500. The Rays are a much better team overall and win the World Series 4-1.
    eaglesfan134
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Post by eaglesfan134 2008-10-20, 15:55

the rays are not better, if they are better, than why did it take them 10 years to have a winning season. the phils are much more experienced and much better overall. the rays are crap
    ItalianMafia
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by ItalianMafia 2008-10-20, 16:05

Who had the better record eagle? The Rays just beat the World Series winning Red Sox. nuff said. Also, how long did it take for the Phillies to have a winning season? It took the Phillies OVER 30 YEARS before they had won their first pennant. So obviously, the Rays won 3 times as fast as the crappy Phillies did.
    admin
    admin
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Post by admin 2008-10-20, 16:07

um the first phillies are the first team to 10,000 losses

The Rays are better anyway

but it will be a good series
    FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by FelixdaCat 2008-10-20, 16:52

eaglefan134 is biased cause he likes Philadelphia teams. Don't get me wrong I am an Eagles fan, but that doesn't mean I like all Philly franchises. The Rays have only been around for 10 years, so I guess by your standards they have to at least go to the World Series in their first 5 years or otherwise they all of a sudden suck. Sure the Rays blew a big lead, but the Phillies are capable of doing that too. If you don't believe me, check out this excerpt from an article i found:

Austin Kearns hit a run-scoring single in the eighth inning to break a tie, and the Washington Nationals snapped a 12-game losing streak with a 4-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday night.

The Phillies blew an eighth-inning lead for the third time in nine days, falling two and a half games behind the Mets in the National League East.
    eaglesfan134
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Post by eaglesfan134 2008-10-20, 17:00

yea, but thats not a 7 run lead. only the rays are capable of that. biggest comeback by a team since 1926
    eaglesfan134
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Post by eaglesfan134 2008-10-20, 17:03

and im not biased felix. you have no right to say that, considering you dont know me. your just a bandwagon jumper. we will just see who wins on wednesay. personally i think all of you are bandwagon jumpers. just cause the rays are winning, you like them. i think dolfin here is the only true rays fan.

Who Will Win the the World Series? Nologo
    ItalianMafia
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by ItalianMafia 2008-10-20, 20:29

No we are NOT bandwagon jumpers. I'm a Detroit Tiger fan! What we are all saying is that the Rays will beat Philly.
    FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by FelixdaCat 2008-10-20, 20:48

yeah, as i said before I'm an Atlanta Braves fan.
    ajc99
    Rookie NWL Member
    Rookie NWL Member

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by ajc99 2008-10-20, 21:42

I say the Phillies they are way better than the Rays
    admin
    admin
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Post by admin 2008-10-20, 22:26

I am a Marlins fan by heart, but since moving to Tampa I have gone to many games and enjoyed watching them play

I can name pretty much everyone
    FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by FelixdaCat 2008-10-21, 16:36

whats up with ajc99 and Dolfinlife having the same avatar?? lol
    ItalianMafia
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by ItalianMafia 2008-10-21, 17:08

lol
    TheNextOne
    TheNextOne
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 1061
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by TheNextOne 2008-10-23, 07:55

PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILIIIESSS UP FOR NOW AND The rest of the series GOOOOOOOOO FEEEELIES
    eaglesfan134
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Post by eaglesfan134 2008-10-23, 09:12

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. HAHAHAHA, PHILLIES EASILY BEAT THE RAYS LAST NIGHT. ITS LOOKING GOOD FOR THE PHILLES.
    admin
    admin
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Post by admin 2008-10-23, 13:19

3-2 is not easily
    eaglesfan134
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Post by eaglesfan134 2008-10-23, 14:57

it doesnt matter. what matters is that the phillies took care of the rays in game 1.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 00:07