National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

+2
fldash
gbpackers7
6 posters

Review

gbpackers7
    gbpackers7
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Review Empty Review

Post by gbpackers7 2009-08-12, 16:32

Has anyone seen any kind of review on the game yet?
    At ign.com of course they have the ps3/360 reviewed already, but not the wii yet.
    gbpackers7
    gbpackers7
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Review Empty Re: Review

Post by gbpackers7 2009-08-13, 15:50

Well the review is out on ign.com now, they gave it an 8.2

Too me it seems the game-play has been dumbed-down and simplified too much....seeing if this may be the case, it may just be a no buy from me this year.
    fldash
    Rookie NWL Member
    Rookie NWL Member

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by fldash 2009-08-14, 08:45

They basically turned the Wii version into arcade football. I'm actually okay with this because Madden as never been a very good football simulation. 2k Sports was always best at that, see NFL 2K5 and APF 2K8.

Wii Madden 2010 is a fun, but I'm a little concerned about the lack of franchise mode... someone said we may be able to access it later via some code? Not sure.
    RCG2
    RCG2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 304
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by RCG2 2009-08-14, 09:03

fldash wrote:They basically turned the Wii version into arcade football. I'm actually okay with this because Madden as never been a very good football simulation. 2k Sports was always best at that, see NFL 2K5 and APF 2K8.

Wii Madden 2010 is a fun, but I'm a little concerned about the lack of franchise mode... someone said we may be able to access it later via some code? Not sure.

All the codes are posted at EA Madden Forum.

Franchise- TEAMPLAYER
    gbpackers7
    gbpackers7
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by gbpackers7 2009-08-14, 11:40

Thanks RC, and to me 2K5 was horrible, that's my own opinion on it.
    RCG2
    RCG2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 304
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by RCG2 2009-08-14, 12:01

I'll just add to this thread about my 1st impressions:

1. Hate the artwork. It seems too big from menus to players. They all seem to blend together and it's just difficult for me to see who I'm controlling and what plays I'm calling.

2. Was ANY work put into playbooks and rosters? I've already posted that Jermaine Phillips is out of position. However, I have a bunch of players who are no longer on the Bucs like Alex Smith who was traded to NE like 5 months ago. R. Morris playbook is the exact same playbook as Gruden from last year? Are you kidding me? Would it have been that difficult to look back few years to find a Jagodinski (sp?) playbook or a Jim Bates playbook? Instead I have the same exact playbook with completely different coaching staff?

3. Bullet passes are back which is nice, but sometimes they go so quickly I feel like I have no time to gain control of the receiver.

4. Some of the basic player movements have changed. Things like hiking the ball, calling audibles, etc. are going to take a while to adjust to.

5. Where is the ability to alter your rosters?

6. The artwork when selecting plays is difficult to adjust to. I had muscle memory the past couple years going from formations and sets and packages etc. Feels very different now, and I don't think it's a change for the better.

I remember struggling at first with 09 last year, so I'm not going to make rash judgements, but 10 seems to be dumbed down and cartoonish. I'm not sure how this is supposed to attract and/or appeal to football fans. I'm very glad that I've got the ps3 version as well, because this will be my last time on Madden Wii unless they really rethink the direction of this game on the wii. THey go in the opposite direction of the people on these boards who buy and play this game so that they can hopefully reach a new demographic? How about taking care of your current consumers. Treat them right and they will sell the game for you. Instead, I fear that you've pushed the football fan too far with this edition and you'll never reach the other demographic which you are trying to attract.

-Hopeful but disappointed...
    wii4mii
    Rookie NWL Member
    Rookie NWL Member

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-08-13

Post by wii4mii 2009-08-14, 23:13

I agree with the points that RCG2 made.
    The adjustments that involve substitutions, audibles and other tasks that were simple
    are now much too difficult.

either way. it is still a fun madden experience!
    BOBLILLY
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by BOBLILLY 2009-08-15, 04:20

the slow gameplay is driving me nuts - good luck on the 2 minute drill - i was really good at it in 09 this version is hard, you cannot adjust on the fly, audibles burn precious time blahh blahhh f. it this is what we got, lets get going and have fun.....cannot wait for the season to start! but i will suck!
    PacInWood
    PacInWood
    Rookie NWL Member
    Rookie NWL Member

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-08-18

Post by PacInWood 2009-08-20, 11:13

Well I dont know about you guys buy I was used to Madden 08 on PC the Wii game is very easy to use but needs a few things PC does...Like
    1. Have your Profile set with all plays set before playing online

2. One you pick your Deffence style your lineman stays the way you set it and does not reset ever time.

It Has been fun so far playing on Wii. If any of you play PC 08 I'm The CM of the Number 1 club XxBlueSteelxX

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content