National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

4 posters

Everything you need to know about The Conduit!

Boltpower
    Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Everything you need to know about The Conduit! Empty Everything you need to know about The Conduit!

Post by Boltpower 2009-06-08, 01:18

Table of Contents
    1. Conduit? What's that?
    2. What's the Story?
    3. Controls
    4. Weapons
    5. Music
    6. Multiplayer
    7. Frequently asked questions (IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING ELSE, READ THIS!)
    8. Useful Links

Ctrl F is awesome...all the cool people use it...so use it.

1. Conduit? What's that?
    Well, the conduit is a scifi fps for the wii. It has an alien invasion based storyline with conspiracy mixed in. It is being made by High Voltage Software, who even though they don't have a good record of games are doing a good job. They knew their goals right away, and they've been able to create an impressive game graphically on the wii. This may turn out to be the game that hardcore or fps fans are waiting for.

2. What's the Story?
    Like i said above, the Conduit is focused on an alien invasion taking place in Washington DC. Now this isn't your typical "lets blow stuff up and laugh at the humans" alien invasion. The Drudge (the alien race) are taking a more strategic approach.

***slight beginning spoiler***

They start off by spreading a disease known as The Bug throughout Washington DC. This causes fear and panic. People start to seclude themselves to avoid the disease, and missing cases reports appear as this is happening. While this is happening terrorists take advantage and cripple the Washington Monument. They also assassinate a presidential candidate, so yeah things aren't going too well. Mr. Ford, a secret service agent and our protagonist, gets a call from Mr. Adams, the head of an secret government agency, called The Trust. Adams tells Ford to go to the Regan National Airport to find a suspected terrorist known as Prometheus.

While carrying out this mission Ford is attacked by friendly soldiers. He stumbles across a Drudge drone turning soldiers into Puppet Humans (basically mind controlled humans). Now because of this Ford is also attacked by Trust agents who think he is a puppet human. Things just aren't going easy for Ford. If you want to know any more than that you'll have to play the game.

***end spoiler***

One additional note is that this game isn't told through CGI, so you won't have to spend time watching a bunch of CGI. You'll pick up bits and pieces of what's going on through radio and television broadcasts, stuff like that.

3. Controls
    This is probably my favorite aspect of the game. The controls are completely customizable. Not only is the control mapping customizable, but more technical details like the size of the dead zone, running speed, turning speed, the cursors sensitivity to movement, horizontal look angle, vertical look angle, allowing you to turn when the cursor is off screen, and if the cursor auto-centers itself when pointed off screen. There is also a lock-on, but it is more like MP3's lock on. So it's just a light lock on, not a complete lock-on. As your enemy moves off screen it will move over and re-center them. So, no, you won't be able to just lock aim in the same spot and shoot. It will also display the enemies health. Might as well also mention here that the HUD is completely customizable. You can move anything around, and make it more transparent. If you want it gone, make it completely transparent and it will be gone.

There are also different camera styles.
    -Human:
    Turn With the Wii Remote.
    Always look on the X and Y axis.
    Gives you the most control and visibility of where you are looking.

-Trust:
    Turn with Wii Remote.
    Always look on the X axis.
    Uses a deadzone with the Y axis.
    Steadies camera. Reduces visibility, but makes aiming easier.

-Drudge:
    Turn with Nunchuck.
    Wii Remote will only affect your view when crouched.
    Screen is rock-solid. Movement is controlled entirely with the Nunchuck. Think Metroid Prime 1-2, with a free reticule.

This is a list of the available controls that you can assign to any button/motion.

1. Shoot
    2. Next Weapon
    3. Zoom
    4. Jump
    5. Target Lock
    6. Crouch
    7. Reload/ pick up weapon
    8. Spin
    9. Score (multiplayer only)
    10. Throw grenade
    11. Pause Menu
    12. ASE
    13. Melee
    14. Next Grenade

4. Weapons

Best part of the topic right? Everybody loves the weapons. Altogether there are three categories with 18 total guns. Not all have been revealed.

Human: Regular

MP5KA4- SMG of the game, fully Automatic with a 30 round clip.

SCAR- Your Assault rifle, it's semi-automatic with a 3 round burst. You get 12 shots per clip, since it's a 36 round clip. This does have a scope.

USP .45- Your basic pistol, semi-automatic with a 16 round clip.

SMAW- Rocket Launcher! Yeah! One shot per clip of course, and it has a scope.

SPAS 12- My personal preference out of the human weapons, the shotgun. 8 shots, fully loaded. And of course it's pump action.

Drudge: Biological

Warp Pistol- Semi-Automatic. Chargeable, creates long-range beam.

Shreiker- My favorite of the drudge weapons revealed so far, It shoots a plasma round that explodes on contact. Think of it as a guided grenade launcher, that you control with the wii mote. The shot follows the cursor, so wherever you aim it will curve to go. 9 shots a clip.

Strike Rifle- This is semi-automatic that charges to shoot a beam. It has a scope, and a 35 shot clip. This is looking to be the bread and butter of the drudge arsenal.

Striker- This thing is crazy. It's fully automatic and has a crazy rate of fire. It's similar to the strike rifle, but has a red colored ammo sphere, and can't charge. Has a 117 shot clip.

Hive Cannon- This is automatic and fires living ammo. Not much is known about this gun. Used to be called the Razor Cannon.

Trust: Technology

MK4 Deatomizer- This has a 50 round clip, and is semi-automatic. Charged shot kinda fires like a bolo, to allow you to shoot around corners. Also has a normal firing mode.

Mk9 Carbonizer- Be prepared to have a lot of fun with this thing...its a laser beam...yeah. It's in mutliplayer as well...so enjoy it.

HVS .45 - This is a pistol with a laser sight and silenced. Originally thought to be like the golden gun of golden eye, but it doesn't kill in one shot.

TPC Launcher - Shoots grenades. 5 shots. Enemies are disintegrated when killed by this in single player.

no sniper?! No need to panic, they have hinted at a sniper, but one just hasn't been revealed yet. There is still a couple spots left for it. So no panicking permitted.

Grenades
    Frag- your typical frag grenade
    Flash- Again...your typical flash bang grenade.
    Radiation- This sticks onto anything and does continuous damage. You have to be near it in order to take damage...so do your best to stick it on the player for some laughs.

5. Music

Not much to report on the music except that it's being composed by Diego Stocco and Cheap Trick's Rickie Nielson. You can hear samples of some music in videos like the multiplayer trailer.

6. Multiplayer

Probably the best mode in the game, the online . Before i say anything else this is 12 player online. Originally planned for it to be 16 but it was reduced.

Rankings

There are 25 online rankings in all, and you earn xp in order to advance a rank.

Free For all modes:
    -Deathmatch
    -ASE Football -whoever holds the ASE longest wins
    -Bounty Hunter- you are tasked to kill someone, kill that person or the person hunting you for points. You DO get penalized if you kill the wrong targets.
    -Marathon- score as many points as possible within a time limit
    -Three Strikes- you're given three lives only, you must survive.
    -Last man standing- self explanatory, be the last man standing.

Team Modes:
    Team Deathmatch
    Team Marathon
    -Shared Stock - your entire team shares a certain amount of lives. So if someone dies 10 times, you all are down 10 lives. Probably best to make sure you work as a team in this mode.
    - Capture the ASE - Most everybody should know this...it's capture the flag.
    - Capture the single ASE - 1 ASE to capture, team that captures it the most wins.

Maps

The maps are divided into 3 categories. Small (2-6 players), Medium (6-10), Large (8-12)

There are 7 known
    Bunker
    Pentagon- has central hub fit with rooms, balconies, sewers, and is good for a sniper.
    Complex
    Sanctum
    Infirmary- has a bunch of corridors/corners/rooms, is pretty good for pistols and small guns.
    Streets
    Warehouse
    (random)

This game is NOT CoD. You will not have perks, and you cannot choose what weapon you start with. You have to pick the weapon up from around the map. There are also weapon sets that players can vote on to mix things up.

Human
    Trust
    Near/Far
    Close Combat
    Long Range
    Explosive
    Chargeable

Selecting any of these will change the available weapons on the map.

You can choose your character as well. There are different color schemes, but if you get to choose or not is unknown. You can either play as drudge or human, and you can pick skins within both of these categories.

7. Frequently asked questions

This is what everybody needs to read. Post any of these questions in a topic and you will be told to read the sticky. DON'T ask them.

Can you use wii speak?

Yes, in team matches you can only talk with your team. In FFA you can only talk to the 6 people closest to you.

What's the All Seeing Eye? (ASE)

The ASE is a device found by Ford, that he can use to reveal and solve puzzles. This can also be used to reveal hidden enemies later in-game and hidden traps like explosives.

Is there a melee weapon?

No, they planned on adding melee weapons with WM+, but found there wasn't enough time to polish these and make sure they are balanced. Maybe for the sequel.

Is there splitscreen or LAN?

No, this game cannot do splitscreen because it is too much for the wii to have these graphics running independently twice or even 4 times at the same time. It's too much. LAN was originally planned but Nintendo put the halt on this.

Will there be Friend Codes?

As far as i know yes. Do not fret though, you can also add people you play with or people that have your Wii console FC added. This also brings me to this, you can only talk to people on your friends list or on your friend's friend list with wii speak.

Will there be pre order bonuses?

Yes, gamestop has pre-order bonuses. You will get a 24 page book with artwork, a unique unlockable ASE design (including the light), and a secret agent character to use online. Gamestop also has a limited edition cover for the game, which imo, is better than the normal one.

Will there be a mode to play with random people?

Yes, you can either make games with friends or search for random players.

I heard wii motion plus will be used...is that true?

It was, at a time. They dropped it though. They were already to far in the development when they got it, and they didn't want to just have it be tacked on.

Will there be online co-op?

No, this too was worked with, but dropped.

Does this game have a good AI?

From what we've heard from the developers its supposed to have a good AI. Don't ask us until we play it though.

Will there be single player bots?

Not likely.

Will there be vehicles?

No, they talked about vehicles for the sequel early on...so you'll have to wait for the conduit 2 maybe.

How many missions will be in game?

There will be 9 missions, totaling up to about 10 hours. It will take you longer if you want 100%.

Will we get to play through any famous landmarks in single player? This is Washington after all

Yes, there are monument maps, and they are supposed to be realistic. So, if you've been there you'll recognize it...like "Hey i remember that room!"

Can you change the motions? I hate doing a melee attack by thrusting the wii mote

Yes, fully customizable means fully customizable.
    Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 700
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Everything you need to know about The Conduit! Empty Re: Everything you need to know about The Conduit!

Post by Menko43 2009-06-08, 11:22

Very good job. I loved playin with vehicles in halo at my cousins house but to bad they wont be in the game. That was one of my fav parts.

Everything you need to know about The Conduit! Empty Re: Everything you need to know about The Conduit!

Post by Guest 2009-06-08, 20:11

i kinda wanted to see online co-op, and like you said..vehicles
    Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 2009-06-08, 23:57

vehicles were my fav part i just liked running over ppl.
    Boltpower
    Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Boltpower 2009-06-24, 02:08

STUPID GAMESTOP!!!

lol, turns out is shipped today (23rd) and most stores will get it tommorow.

i couldve gotten it today..but since it didnt release, i might not get it at all now.
    Wildphin
    Wildphin
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Post by Wildphin 2009-06-24, 10:18

damn dude thats what happend to me
    Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 2009-06-24, 13:16

why might you not get it now lol
    Boltpower
    Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Boltpower 2009-06-24, 13:56

umm, well see i got mad then......well my brother was on the floor

(he was going to pay half)
    Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 2009-06-24, 14:30

o my sisters never help me pay for half of a game i always pay with my hard earned money the full price. lucky your brother helps pay for games
    Boltpower
    Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Boltpower 2009-06-24, 16:55

lol, his first time. i kinda made him (hes 5)
    Boltpower
    Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Boltpower 2009-06-24, 16:58

btw, i got the game today!

My FC: 3781-6791-7265
    dam0nsta
    Rookie NWL Member
    Rookie NWL Member

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by dam0nsta 2009-06-26, 01:32

MY friend code is 1720-0950-5259

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 03:32