National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

4 posters

I Hate Sportwriters.

Boltpower
    Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

I Hate Sportwriters. Empty I Hate Sportwriters.

Post by Boltpower 2009-01-08, 00:08

It really makes me mad how we cant get any respect. We beat Manning and everyone wants new rules about overtime. We qualify for the post season and they want to change the rules to only let in the teams with the most wins. Is everyone just anti Chargers? Last time I checked we are an NFL franchise. We are allowed to win a playoff game. If indy would have scored first in overtime no one would have said S**T! If New England makes the playoffs at 8-8 no one would even blink an eye.
    And for god sakes some one give us some credit against pittsburgh, we have won the last two playoff games against them in their house. I feel like rodney dangerfield here NO RESPECT! rant
    FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 721
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

I Hate Sportwriters. Empty Re: I Hate Sportwriters.

Post by FelixdaCat 2009-01-08, 00:21

Yeah i just saw Rich Eisen talking on NFL Total Access about changing overtime rules and talking about how the MVP wasn't given a chance to help win in OT.

I would agree with you but........I am Anti-Chargers! I hate that team and i ESPECIALLY hate Philip Rivers. In that case I guess I can be classified as a "hater" lol.
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by jpfurry34 2009-01-08, 00:32

I like how the NFL rule emphasizes Defense...if you dont wanna lose dont let them score. But in that game the MVP was put at a disadvantage because the refs made a few bad calls also
    msubobcats87
    GFX Artist
    GFX Artist

Number of posts : 660
    Registration date : 2008-10-22

Post by msubobcats87 2009-01-08, 03:28

lol Boltpower! I agree with what you said (Chargers not getting alot of respect) but have thought that the NFL overtime has needed an overhaul for a long time (the Colts/Chargers just re-iterated the need).

The scenario in that game that is frustrating to me as a fan (not of either team) is that the team that got the ball at the end of regulation and scored to tie, gets the ball first in overtime because of a coin flip and is able to drive and score for the win. It is simply a matter of the coin flip determining the game at that point (even though the Chargers scored a TD, with today's nfl kickers a field goal isn't that hard to achieve with a couple of first downs). I believe that each team should get the ball at least once, so that teams can't settle for a field goal to win.

Having said that, I don't think that the Colts would have countered the TD that San Diego got and think that they deserve the win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content