National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

Grades are lower

Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 700
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Grades are lower

Post by Menko43 on 2009-10-07, 00:11

hey guys just wanted to tell you that will not be in the cbox as much this week because i need to get my grades up. they're still good but i have two low B s that my parents aren't happy with. so i need to get them up to an A. I also have football practice every day almost so that takes away studying time too. so once the grades go up ill bb in the cbox alot. Grades are the most important thing cuz i want to be rich someday :) BTW 360 ppl im getting a 360 for my birthday OCT 17.
    PNQ
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 409
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Re: Grades are lower

Post by PNQ on 2009-10-07, 00:23

Menko43 wrote:hey guys just wanted to tell you that will not be in the cbox as much this week because i need to get my grades up. they're still good but i have two low B s that my parents aren't happy with. so i need to get them up to an A. I also have football practice every day almost so that takes away studying time too. so once the grades go up ill bb in the cbox alot. Grades are the most important thing cuz i want to be rich someday :) BTW 360 ppl im getting a 360 for my birthday OCT 17.

Grades mean very very little about being rich someday. Connections, that is where it is at. Get out there, party it up with new people each day, get business cards, send out resumes, that is where you get people throwing money in your face to work for them. All you gotta be able to do is BS your way through an interview. That is why I got my BS Degree (Bachelors of Science). At your age, Grades mean absolutely nothing at all, other then not getting F's and not being able to move to the next grade.

[22:39:22] nbcards : i hate the cardinals
    [21:42:48] @ jpfurry34 : GO CUBS!!!

Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 on 2009-10-07, 00:41

o believe me they matter... going to advanced courses is what gets you there. Grades matter if you want to own your own buisness or that requires the knowledge. besides my parents make me do good.

bdhobbs1
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by bdhobbs1 on 2009-10-07, 10:56

Grades don't matter when running your own business, you also need street smarts and people skills. You don't need a degree when you apply for a business license. A degree is not going to bring you a single client, if you don't have the common sense and the ability to sell yourself to the public, you won't be able to sell your business to the public and you won't get any clients.

IdgKdg
    Rookie NWL Member
    Rookie NWL Member

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-05-03

Post by IdgKdg on 2009-10-07, 12:58

what are you guys telling Menko? Grades ARE important. It's how you get into a quality college and at this point in Menko's life, it's how you show people you are ready for the next level. If I remember right, gpa is something that you put on your resume, which leads to credibility and basically backs up everything else. Employer's know that those who leave GPA off of their resume are people who didn't do well in school. How do you think that looks to employers?

Sure, connections and street smarts have their place, but without the education piece, you will just look like someone off the street that doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Having said all that, I suspect Hobbs and PNQ are kidding.

Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 on 2009-10-07, 15:05

no i think they're serious

Billy0
    Pro NWL Member
    Pro NWL Member

Number of posts : 85
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by Billy0 on 2009-10-07, 16:38

I agree with pnq and hobbs. Good grades in HS is not equal to rich as an adult.
    Its too broad/general of a statement.

Its like saying "If I quit drinking now I'll never get liver cancer.."

It helps, but connections, work experience, and "social interactions" are just as important. I have a 3.9 gpa right now in engineering. Does that mean I automatically get an internship over a 2.0 gpa student? Nope. Maybe he's more talkative and sells himself better than I do..maybe he has experience in the position...maybe his dad is friends with the interviewer...

But yes I do believe you should work hard and get good grades. It will increase your odds of landing a good job

All-Madden NWL member

Post by PNQ on 2009-10-07, 18:39

I was in advanced classes all through high school, I got A's and B's without trying very hard, it was just kinda natural that I was smart I guess, but if I had tried. At one point in Calculus my senior year, my teacher had said that there was no extra credit given in the class, and at one point she showed me my grade and I was getting a 102%. I didnt ask, b/c she was the math teacher, lol (actually we had a couple points EC on tests. On a lighter note, I wasnt really kidding, to get into good schools you have to get a good score on your ACTs or whatever your state takes. The difference b/t an A or a B, or even a C isnt very much at all when it comes to getting into the school you prefer as long as you get a good score on your ACT or placement exam. As far as your resume, I took a resume/interview class in college, where we were told to not even put anything from high school on it when applying for a job after college.

I know a lot of people that got "Great Grades" in high school that are still going to a 4-year college b/c they are idiots. I graduated in 4 years, and interviewed for 5 jobs during my senior year. Got offered 4 of them, and actually chose the lowest paying of the 4 b/c of location and cost of living. Grades arent extremely important as fars as getting a B instead of an A, and being rich is even less important in my opinion.

BillyO hit it right on the head, I had forgotten about work experience. I love my job and the people I work with are easy to get along with (MOST important in my opinion). Who wants to make millions if you absolutely hate what you are doing and who you are working with/for?

Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 on 2009-10-07, 20:04

Well i wouldn't be getting good grades if it weren't for my parents. they push me real hard and they tell me that you'll be rich one day stuff if i try hard. And i know those two B s were from not trying hard enough. even though they're advanced classes :) A sport's scholarship would g nice with it if i got good enough at baseball or football.
    PNQ
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by PNQ on 2009-10-08, 17:58

yea, it is good that your parents want you to be rich some day. i just found it funny, that in highschool, my advanced classes were my A's usually, and my regular classes were more of my B's, mostly b/c i liked my advanced classes (science and math mostly).

ian43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 286
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post by ian43 on 2009-10-08, 20:15

A lot of colleges dont even look at GPA anymore, study up for the SAT's Menko.

Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 on 2009-10-08, 22:04

ian43 wrote:A lot of colleges dont even look at GPA anymore, study up for the SAT's Menko.
    why not both
    PNQ
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by PNQ on 2009-10-08, 22:25

Menko43 wrote:
    ian43 wrote:A lot of colleges dont even look at GPA anymore, study up for the SAT's Menko.
    why not both

I personally think this is true, and I believe the reason to be the fact that some schools/teachers are lenient with what students get away with, especially when it comes to schools that are more worried about having a good football team instead of education. Different grading procedures and different weights for homework, quizzes, and tests, etc are different at every school and with every teacher. The SAT or ACT test shows an overview of everything that you know and have learned and processed throughout all of your schooling, not just 1 quarter, semester, or year. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

BOBLILLY
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by BOBLILLY on 2009-10-09, 16:50

Menko43 wrote:hey guys just wanted to tell you that will not be in the cbox as much this week because i need to get my grades up. they're still good but i have two low B s that my parents aren't happy with. so i need to get them up to an A. I also have football practice every day almost so that takes away studying time too. so once the grades go up ill bb in the cbox alot. Grades are the most important thing cuz i want to be rich someday :) BTW 360 ppl im getting a 360 for my birthday OCT 17.

getting rich is a mindset not grades but grades can help dep. on what you want to do(doctor/lawyer etc.)I graduated bottom 25% of my class(private school so cut me slack) and i got into college easily because i scored top 10% in nation on act/sat....My school carreer did not get me where i am - it is because i did what everyone else is scared to do. not much competition when you take the road less traveled. wanna get rich? Do not work for "the man" lol. in the meantime get good grades because if you work for the man you will need them.
    Iceman22Wave
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 901
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by Iceman22Wave on 2009-10-09, 17:11

Menko, gpa matters about 10% of what the SAT, or whatever yours is, does.

I try in school, but not that hard. I have better things to do than sit and do 27 algebra problems. I'll do like 1/2 to 3/4 of it, maybe finish it on the way to school the next day or in class, and get like a B or C in homework. I ace the fuck out of tests though, so i get an A in the class by half-assing it the whole way. I'm best at math, but that won't even matter for what i'm gonna be when i grow up. I'm gonna be a pitcher in the majors, or a sports radio host. I WILL be in the sports 'arena' when i go into the working world. Whether it's playing baseball, coaching football, talking about them, writing about them, i dont know yet. But i will.
    alldaybaby32
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 179
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Post by alldaybaby32 on 2009-10-09, 17:30

ya ur gonna b the guy sellin cotton candy lol

Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 on 2009-10-09, 17:42

Iceman22Wave wrote:Menko, gpa matters about 10% of what the SAT, or whatever yours is, does.

I try in school, but not that hard. I have better things to do than sit and do 27 algebra problems. I'll do like 1/2 to 3/4 of it, maybe finish it on the way to school the next day or in class, and get like a B or C in homework. I ace the fuck out of tests though, so i get an A in the class by half-assing it the whole way. I'm best at math, but that won't even matter for what i'm gonna be when i grow up. I'm gonna be a pitcher in the majors, or a sports radio host. I WILL be in the sports 'arena' when i go into the working world. Whether it's playing baseball, coaching football, talking about them, writing about them, i dont know yet. But i will.

I'd hope to play NFL lol. theres a very small chance but that's what id want to do. im good at kicking and long snapping. become a long snapper and theres a nice million bucks a year.

BOBLILLY
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by BOBLILLY on 2009-10-09, 20:46

Menko43 wrote:
    Iceman22Wave wrote:Menko, gpa matters about 10% of what the SAT, or whatever yours is, does.

I'd hope to play NFL lol. theres a very small chance but that's what id want to do. im good at kicking and long snapping. become a long snapper and theres a nice million bucks a year.

i wanted nothing else but to play football from the time i was small. NFL or bust. I starting lifting/training heavily in the 5th grade all the way thru high school, and allowed me to excel at high school but college guys were out of my league....genetics - size and speed were things i could not overcome. so shoot for the stars -but have a backup plan..
    Iceman22Wave
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 901
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by Iceman22Wave on 2009-10-10, 03:05

BOBLILLY wrote:
    Menko43 wrote:

i wanted nothing else but to play football from the time i was small. NFL or bust. I starting lifting/training heavily in the 5th grade all the way thru high school, and allowed me to excel at high school but college guys were out of my league....genetics - size and speed were things i could not overcome. so shoot for the stars -but have a backup plan..

Best book I ever read- Talent is overrated
    Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post by Boltpower on 2009-10-10, 21:06

alldaybaby32 wrote:ya ur gonna b the guy sellin cotton candy lol
    hahahahah that made me laugh for some reason.

Wildphin
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Post by Wildphin on 2009-10-11, 16:12

Grades dont matter really its who you know

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2017-12-16, 11:57