National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !

National Wii League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

+15
ljsoulja23
TheNextOne
Blaze316
RCG2
wer2n8s
LambeauLeap2
Eagles715
chackfalco
BOBLILLY
hugemetsfan
nbcards
jpfurry34
Tonic
Menko43
FelixdaCat
19 posters

Favorite NFL Player

FelixdaCat
    FelixdaCat
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 721
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Favorite NFL Player Empty Favorite NFL Player

Post by FelixdaCat 2009-06-14, 04:22

Ok I'm not sure if we have already had one of these threads, but anyway the question is simple...

Who is your favorite NFL player past or present and why?

I'll start us off...

My favorite player of all time has to be Brian Dawkins. The passion, intensity, and leadership he brings to the game is only rivaled by as many players as you can count on one hand. The man is an absolute leader and will always be a Philadelphia Eagle!

Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 700
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Favorite NFL Player Empty Re: Favorite NFL Player

Post by Menko43 2009-06-14, 04:31

Ben Roethlisberger , he is an absolute champion.
    Tonic
    Tonic
    Rookie NWL Member
    Rookie NWL Member

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2009-06-04

Post by Tonic 2009-06-14, 04:38

Peyton Manning... nuff said
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by jpfurry34 2009-06-14, 06:26

Current = Payton Manning -already 1 of the greatest QBs and still in the prime of his career. Best Offensive field general in the game.

All-time = Barry Sanders -Quick as fuck, Small but powerfull, never really had alot of help around him and still performed great.
    1 of 2 player to avg 5yards a carry
    3rd all-time in rushing yards in only a 10 year career(only 3000 yards behind that bitch E. Smith and he played 15 years)
    nbcards
    nbcards
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 1535
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by nbcards 2009-06-14, 08:43

Tonic wrote:Peyton Manning... nuff said

yep Peyton Manning. will break all of favres records.
    hugemetsfan
    hugemetsfan
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post by hugemetsfan 2009-06-14, 10:36

Eli Manning, the next superstar.
    Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 2009-06-14, 13:44

yes nb he'll break favre's int record
    BOBLILLY
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by BOBLILLY 2009-06-14, 17:22

e. smith, in his prime he never had negative yardage like that bitch barry sanders who got stuffed behind the line waay too often. not a breakaway treat but if you need a 1st down in a superbowl or a playoff give it to him and it was done. yes played way too long and was never the greatest rb ever but none could be counted on more when it mattered

hon. men walter payton and yes barry sanders who was probably top 3 gereatest RUNNER ever, not player. barry was a crap player with incredible skills much like randy moss with a better attitude

lawrence taylor - maybe greatest player who ever played

Last edited by BOBLILLY on 2009-06-14, 21:30; edited 1 time in total
    chackfalco
    chackfalco
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post by chackfalco 2009-06-14, 17:27

PRIMETIME #21
    Eagles715
    Eagles715
    Head Commissoner
    Head Commissoner

Number of posts : 309
    Registration date : 2008-12-10

Post by Eagles715 2009-06-14, 18:17

Dawkins basically for the same reasons Felix gave
    LambeauLeap2
    LambeauLeap2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post by LambeauLeap2 2009-06-14, 19:45

Donald Driver or Bob Sanders
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by jpfurry34 2009-06-15, 06:56

This Boblilly guys is a clown..talkin shit about Barry...When Barry got stuffed it was because he was tring to make something happen cuz his line sucked.. Put Barry behind that Cowboys line and see what would have happened. And saying he was like Randy Moss???..the guy never said a fuckin word and always did his job, cant blame him for wanting to leave Detroit after all those years of them giving him no help. Smith wouldnt even be a top 10 RB if it wasnt for the team he played on, but your a Cowboys fan you dont know any better.
    wer2n8s
    wer2n8s
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 350
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by wer2n8s 2009-06-15, 08:59

Leroy Butler...
    he wasn't the fastest, or tallest, or even the most skilled but.....he had the most heart and some times thats all you need.

Favorite NFL Player Lb10
    wer2n8s
    wer2n8s
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 350

Post by wer2n8s 2009-06-15, 09:00

nbcards wrote:
    Tonic wrote:Peyton Manning... nuff said

yep Peyton Manning. will break all of favres records.

even the one for being the biggest baby to i bet!!!!!
    BOBLILLY
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by BOBLILLY 2009-06-15, 14:54

jpfurry34 wrote:This Boblilly guys is a clown..talkin shit about Barry...When Barry got stuffed it was because he was tring to make something happen cuz his line sucked.. Put Barry behind that Cowboys line and see what would have happened. And saying he was like Randy Moss???..the guy never said a fuckin word and always did his job, cant blame him for wanting to leave Detroit after all those years of them giving him no help. Smith wouldnt even be a top 10 RB if it wasnt for the team he played on, but your a Cowboys fan you dont know any better.

i was just giving you shit about barry, if you read on i actually said he was top 3 all time runners however....
    if i have one play left to win the game i want barry - take your shot.
    If i need one drive to win the game i want emmitt- take it to the bank.

barry - about attitude he was not a good lockeroom guy, a good person a great player but not a leader or a person who could will a team to a win like a joe montana type. Emmitt smith did will his team to a win many times, best i remember was over the giants with separated shoulder in overtime last game of the season to lock up a playoff spot. he is the only reason they won that game. barry was great but he was not a leader of men. you should know that better than this ignorant "cowboys fan" if you are a barry fan and follower.

and i promise i have forgotten more about football than you will ever know. I played it for years, fanatic about cowboys and nfl know more about the history of the game than you ever will. know who gale sayers is? He is one I would definitely put above barry Sanders if you know anything about football you will not argue. name your favorite team and lets match wits......

as for the cowboys team that emmitt was on, that is a crap argument i hear all the time. it was a great team with good players. why do people like you(idiots) say the team was loaded in one breath and the next troy, emmitt michael etc were not great players. can't have it both ways. Larry brown won a freaking super bowl mvp (yes it was handed to him) and he was one of the worst cb's we have had in a long time! how well would the team fare without some of the key players? we will never know we only know what WAS accomplished together. these guys were winners, none was ever the best at his position in the league(except deon later), but they freaking WON. Why is it that Michael irvin can pump up his team with an average qurterback, average running back, himself as a slow reciever novacek as a slow te to super bowls and barry cannot? don't pretend you are some nostradamas clone and you know barry would have led them to super bowls too - he was a dart and dash running back and they were a run by the numbers team - timing and execution not his style. Few players are ever greater than the whole. Barry might have been one, but he may have been thurman thomas too......great player who folded when it really mattered. we will never know. we will never know if barry could have been a winner. we do know he was not.....

it pisses me off when guys say cowboy fans don't know football. Number one do not lump real fans with transplants from up north or wannabe fans who root for the team who is on tv the most (real yankees fans feel my pain here) we are freakin Texans for the most part - dream of nothing else but playing under those friday night lights from early on. take out cali and florida and where the hell do they know and love football like here in texas? ok maybe penn too.......those people who you see in texas stadium on sundays are mostly transplants from up north with corporate seats who do not even care about the game. that is one knock on the fans i agree with. Texas stadium sucks to see a game in because 1 in 1,000 fans is diehard. the real fans are out there, just not on tv....they are drinking beer at grandma and grampas and playing football at halftime.

fu cowboy fan haters............as for those who hate the cowboys, that fine, that is what its all about isn't it? I hate the freakin redskins....

and fu jpfurry34. sorry i hurt your feelings about barry, i tend to look at the facts, not what could have been. barry was a great runner. what else was he? leader? super bowl winner? looked up to and respected by his teammates? counted on to carry his team? nope, not so much.........
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by jpfurry34 2009-06-16, 02:37

Ok first..I doubt you forgot more about football then I will ever know..Thats just the Texas in you thinking you guys where put on the planet to know and love football. I know a ton about the past and presant of the game.

Gale Sayers- Was a great football talent and I would put him up with the best of alltime talent wise, but his boby couldnt keep up with the talent. The guy was hurt over and over again, only played like 4 whole seasons. He didnt even rush for 5000 yards in his career and didnt even have 40 tds. So the numbers dont allow him to become a top 5 RB of alltime probly not even top 10...but the guy was great when he could play.

Barry- Yes not a great team leader, he was a quiet guy. I do think he did his part thou, and I would not say he was a bad lockeroom guy and I think he was very looked up to and respected by his teamates. He was not disruptive and got along with his teamates just fine. Never tried to throw himself into the spot light. Barry was the definition of actions speak louder then words...and I didnt say he would lead them to a Super Bowl I was just saying he would have had even better numbers. I do believe the Super Bowl still would have happened because those Cowboys teams in the early-mid 90s are amoung the best teams ever.

Your cowboys- I through that cowboys fan thing in there for the others that read this, for if you hang around much you will find out that this site is filled with cowboy haters, probly more then any other team. I for one am not a cowboy hater, I actully have a ton of respect for the franchise. I have them easy as one of the 5 great teams in NFL history and I love Jerry Jones. I disagree about Irvin and Aikman thou..I think Irvin is up there in NFL WRs, I mean not like top 10 ever but a guy I would have taken in a heart beat. Aikman was also way above avg but not like top 10. But the biggest reason the teams were so good in the Super Bowl days was having one of the greatest Olines of alltime..Larry Allen, Nate Newton, Mark Stepnoski and Erik Williams, there were a few other good guys in there also but those are tops IMO. That was the driving force of that team.

Thurman Thomas- I find that crack on him funny. Thomas is one of those guys I think was a way better RB then Smith. Definatly a way better pass catcher out of the backfield. And I dont remember him being the guy to crack under the presure in the big moments. I do remember him on his way to a Super Bowl MVP in SB XXV (190 total yards) when Scott Norwood was the one to choke.

I would like to think I look at the facts and numbers when it comes to the game of football. Which is why Im a guy that believes winning a Super Bowl is not a prerequisite to being a great player. It takes a team to go all the way and some ppl just wernt lucky enough to have that kinda help. Of couse I also have my biases and like anyone it tilts your opinion. I also played football but since Im not from texas I know it was not the most important thing I ever did in my life and have moved on from playing. I am a football fanatic and watching and following football has been my favorite thing 2nd to none. I always say " football is my first love, with my wife being a close 2nd". I have watched tons of old footage and classic games. I have looked at tons of numbers. I guarantee I know plenty about football, but when it all comes down to it it will still just be an arguement of opinions and any numbers someone brings probly wont change the other persons mind. I will never think Emmitt is a top RB alltime and I could probly take 20 guys over him.
    BOBLILLY
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by BOBLILLY 2009-06-16, 03:47

ok you are being cordial so i will drop the 20 year old type attitude and chest bumping.

you caught me on the o line- i love emmitt but that oline was the secret to success of that offense for years, few people know the team well enough to call me on that.......but like i said, whatever the situation, emmitt produced and any speculation about that is heresay. that is why he is one of my favs - he got it done. I would not put emmitt in the top 10 running backs, unless longevity is a huge factor(which it is not)maybe not even top 20 - dallas alone has had at least one better pure running backin thier relatively brief history (tony d.) again question was not best but favorite. what set me off was that "bitch" comment about one of my favorite players. childish but true. who is the best rb? we havent even mentioned walter payton - a guy who could run around you or over you. earl campbell? these arguments should only be discussed in a sports bar, no one will win them i agree.

as for aikman and irvin - aikman was incredibly accurate and fit the system- team accomplishments put him over the top. I loved troy, we are the same age and i really enjoyed the ride with those teams but put him behind a bad line and average team and he would have been a good quarterback but he would not be on fox on sundays..

I loved Irvin he was an unblelievable motivator and heart of the team. A true warrior but never a top 5 reciever in the league based on talent. But like emmitt he left it all on the field and overachieved. ok, a little gay, but i was emotional when his seedy side came out for all to see. i had really admired him.

thomas was better out of the backfield than emmitt but that is where it ends. as for choking - i am not saying he never had a good game when it mattered, but look at his history in postseason, not just rushing but fumbls etc. 190 yds in a super bowl is impressive, but it helps the total when kelly is dumping passes to him as an outlet, his rushing yards against the giants were much more impressive to me i know he had well over 100 yds rushing against a very good d in that game. the dumps were gravy. i am a little biased on thomas so cut me some slack

cowboys are like the yankees - love em or hate em. that is fine, it comes with being popular. before all you yankee sobs call me out i am not comparing the franchises, much as i hate them the yankees are the premier sports franchise in the states.....but i am not a fair weather or long distance fan. yes i put too much emphasis on football, always have - that comes with growing up in a small town in texas. We actually hung a banner under the only red light in my hometown on friday nights that said last one to the game turn out the lights. it was a funny gag at the time and pretty accurate. Football is not the most important thing i have ever done, but it is the only thing i would go back and do again despite the stupidity of possibly being even more hobbled - if there was any possible way. bad knee, bad shoulder, stiff, many times broken fingers - i do not care i would do it again and only play harder. No i am not some has-been longing for glory days, i am same as you great family, own my own business(i buy ugly houses) but nothing will ever replace the adrenaline and pure controlled rage you get to unleash in the great game of football. Lucky for me I am from a small town and was pretty good mainly beacuse the competition was small - these kids i see playing now would have killed me.
    RCG2
    RCG2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 304

Post by RCG2 2009-06-16, 07:21

Sorry guys, but I gotta call bullshit on the Emmitt bashing. Emmitt is easily one of the greatest runnning backs of all-time. Yes, he had some great offensive lineman, but over the length of his career in Dallas, who else was able to run well behind that line? Sherman Williams? Lincoln Coleman? If the line was THAT great, how come they weren't "great" until Emmitt showed up? Newton and Tuinei were both in Dallas before Emmitt, and they sucked. Aikman and Irvin were there before Emmitt and they were terrible albeit rebuilding. Emmitt had incredible vision, toughness, durability, and balance. How often did you ever see him go backwards? He was rock solid coming outta the backfield and was also a great blocker on blitz pick up. He was one of the most complete and certainly one of the most productive running backs in the history of the game. He wasn't the fastest or the flashiest, but how often did you see him get caught from behind? How often did he make the first guy miss? I remember a few games ( and there weren't many) when Emmitt was not in the line up. When he held out the 1st 2 games of the season in 1993, the Cowboys started 0-2. He came back in week 3 and they went on to be the 1st team to win the Super Bowl after starting 0-2. He guy flat out got the job done.

This was in total contrast to the flashes highlight films of Thomas and Sanders. I won't bash them as they were incredibly talented. But as for getting the job done, I'll take Emmitt 10 times over these collegiate "Cowboys" football tackle
    jpfurry34
    jpfurry34
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by jpfurry34 2009-06-16, 08:05

Emmitt did get the job done, with the line doing most of the work. 1 lineman does not make a line it took the group of those guys. As for the other running backs Williams and Coleman(who ever the fuck that is) they just flat out sucked. Im not goin to sit here and say Emmitt had zero talent and would have done nothing with another team. I just believe the only reason he is the alltime leading rusher is beacuse he played 15 years and played on awesome teams. He still doesnt make a top 20 of alltime great Running Backs(even the long time Cowboys fan said hes not a top 10 back).
    RCG2
    RCG2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 304

Post by RCG2 2009-06-16, 12:31

As someone who watched Emmitt's entire career, it is absurd to give so much credit to his line. Yes, he had a great line, but he helped make that line great with the type of running back he was. You don't last as long as he did based on the line doing most of the work. Emmitt would be in my top 10 running backs of all-time and I hate the Cowboys.
    By the same logic to you think Jerry Rice was only good because he played with 2 Hall of Fame QB's? Or were Montana and Young only good because they played with Rice, Clark, Solomon, Taylor, Jones, Rathman and Craig? Maybe Lawrence Taylor was only as good as he was because He had Harry Carson and Carl Banks with him doing all the work. I just don't put much into arguments that deemphasis one's greatness because they played with other great players. That's the case for just about all the true greats.
    Blaze316
    Blaze316
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2009-04-22

Post by Blaze316 2009-06-16, 12:55

One of my favorite rb of all-time is Terrell Davis. He probably would have beaten all rb records had he not got injured. HE WAS A BEAST! Without him Elway would still be waiting for a ring.
    Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 2009-06-16, 13:15

what about bo jackson greatest athlete of all time
    TheNextOne
    TheNextOne
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 1061
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by TheNextOne 2009-06-16, 13:16

adrian peterson
    LambeauLeap2
    LambeauLeap2
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post by LambeauLeap2 2009-06-16, 13:17

Bo Jackson was good, but i still think to this day that Chuck Long the Heisman runner up, should of won the Heisman before Bo did. thats just me.
    Menko43
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Post by Menko43 2009-06-16, 13:21

i got my middle name from bo cuz my dad wanted me to be an athlete and have that name.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 13:55