National Wii League

Come and join the NWL today. Be in the most active wii madden league right now. It is the most fun and active. The NWL is the most accomplished too. With already gone through two whole seasons of wii madden on Madden 09 Wii and having great members that enjoy helping new members get better. Makes the NWL a no brainer to join. Play your Madden 10 for Wii on the NWL !
National Wii League

The best Wii Madden League

When I First Heard the Bolts passed on Maualuga....

Boltpower
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

When I First Heard the Bolts passed on Maualuga....

Post by Boltpower on 2009-04-26, 03:41

OK, i was pissed...

But after careful consideration, Larry English isn't that bad of a pick.

The number one player the Chargers need on defense is pass rusher. Merriman being gone showed that. As I mentioned we have little depth in pass rushing. Tucker being really our only option. English is better than Phillips and Tucker at rushing.

We are set right now at CB. Safety is alright with the guys we have. Weddle looks good, Hart can hopefully bounce back, and Oliver showed flashes. There are safeties in the later rounds we can pick up.

On defense pass rush is our most important position. Our DE's can eat up one guy. Get a good pass rusher like English and see him take up two defenders. It won't matter about a great NT or great DE who can take two blockers, few can, when Merriman and English take up two each. Phillips has shown skills in pass coverage.

Again after review English does look good.

Maualuga would've saved some tears though.

I am now officially rant .

nbcards
    All-Madden NWL member
    All-Madden NWL member

Number of posts : 1535
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: When I First Heard the Bolts passed on Maualuga....

Post by nbcards on 2009-04-26, 09:46

english should be good. he also came out of niu which is 45 mins from my house

Current date/time is 2017-11-19, 10:49